Frequently Asked Questions

Help Center Search

Updating Your Contact, Registrant, Administrator, Technical, or Billing Information

Print this Article
Comment on this Article
Last Updated: March 9, 2009 10:13 AM

You should keep your contact, registrant, administrator, technical, and billing information updated at all times. We use this information to notify the pertinent contact of changes or requests for your domains. You can enter different information for each of your domains.

WARNING: You initiate a 60-day lock from transferring your domain when you update the Organization field or, if you have not listed an organization, when you update the First name or Last name fields.

To Modify the Information for Your Domain

1. Log in to your Account Manager.
  2. In the My Products section, click Domain Manager.
  3. Use the checkbox(es) to select the domain name(s) you want to modify.
  4. Click Contact.
  5. To update all of the tabs with the same contact information, select Copy to all contact types.
    or
    Go to one of the following tabs, depending on the contact type you want to update:
    Registrant
    The domain owner.
    Administrator
    The contact who can interact with the registry or registrar for the domain owner.
    Technical
    The contact who manages the domain.
    Billing
    The contact who receives invoices for domain registration fees.
  6. Complete the following information:
    (Optional) Organization
    The organization with which the contact is affiliated.
    First name and Last name
    The contact's first and last name.
    Address 1 and 2, City, State, ZIP code
    The contact's street address, city, state, and ZIP Code.
    Country
    The country in which the contact resides.
    Phone number
    The contact's phone number.
    (Optional) Fax number
    The contact's fax number.
    Email address
    The contact's email address.
  7. If you enter a company name as part of the legal domain registrant and agree that the company is the legal registrant, select I certify that the specified organization....
  8. If you changed the registrant name and agree to the Domain Name Change Registrant Agreement, select For security purposes I authorize....
  9. Click OK.